These tips are designed to help men deal with not getting contacted back from women or feeling outright rejection.
1. If your interested in hook ups, don’t contact women who don’t have that included in their profiles. The likelihood of you not getting a response is about 95% (CI=95%, p<=.05).
2. You’ve heard it several times: don’t lie about your height. Women don’t want you to lie about inches.
3. Don’t approach women as though you are placing a bet at a roulette table: covering the spread so that you can get a hit. (OR=.1, p<=.05)
4. Be realistic. If you don’t think you would have a shot in public, your chances aren’t going to improve online. (OR=.1, p<=.05)
5. If you have multiple profiles up, don’t lie about it. It’s searchable. We’re all trying to find what we want. No one’s gonna judge.
6. Whatever your current life circumstances are, just be honest about it. Ultimately, the person you want to be with will be supportive.
7. If you don’t fit the majority of her match criteria that she’s included in her profile, more than likely you won’t get a response. That message gets recycled. (CI=99%, p<=.01)
8. Don’t send follow-up emails if you didn’t get a response to your initial communication. It’s all based on probability. Telling someone anything about you feeling rejected, doesn’t improve your chances of getting a response. All it conveys to us is that you may be immature, ego maniacal, and angry. We usually don’t reconsider men that exhibit those qualities. (CI=99%, p<=.01)